Council Bluffs Changing Scene
Council Bluffs Changing Scene--Bloomer School building at the corner of Willow Ave. and South Seventh St., is shown as it appeared on the original dedication program of August 26, 1881. Accompanying this picture of the new school was the program and, on the back cover, listing of the fine appointments of the building. The cost was $34,000, including furnishings and all expenses. The original Bloomer School replaced the old Fourth Ward School built in 1866 on the same site.
Daily Nonpareil May 8, 1955
Council Bluffs Daily Nonpareil Archives
Black and white photograph
Council Bluffs, Iowa
The Council Bluffs Public Library is unaware of any claim of copyright in the images in the collection. We encourage use of these materials under the fair use clause of the Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 101 et seq). The Council Bluffs Public Library has provided in the catalog records for these materials all known information regarding the photographer or other persons associated with the materials. This information is provided as a service to aid users in determining the appropriate use of an item, but that determination ultimately rests with the user.
14 x 18.5 cm